Sunday, July 31, 2011

Fusion Peppers

Since I over-thought last night's meal (Which was DELICIOUS--I had the remains for lunch.)  I found myself with a ton of left over ingredients.  So for tonight's meal I decided to combine two recipes that I came across.  Both dubbed "vegetarian stuffed peppers" but it was clear one favored Spanish ingredients and the other Italian.  So I found a happy medium!  I incorporated the can of black beans that the Spanish recipe called for, while still using the oregano and basil that the Italians love.  Spatalian! I've always loved fusion restaurants, so why not?  I was a little less intimidated today since no one was in the house or kitchen.  I found the 4 left over peppers from yesterday, some already cut--but I played with the knife and worked it out so that they all could be stuffed!  Then I brought out the mixing bowl.  1/4 of a red onion (all of last night's Spanish onion was used), one tomato, ten oz brown rice, three garlic cloves, one tbs oregano, basil, garlic and onion powder, one cup of mozzarella cheese, and one can of black beans later...I had my filling.  The only ingredients that I cooked before the mixing bowl were the beans.  I sprinkled some parmesan on top of the mix and stirred until all of the ingredients looked evenly spread.  I then put the filling in each pepper, shocking I know! I placed them in a baking dish with a little extra mozz. and put them in the oven.  So simple. Hopefully time and effort are not necessary for taste when it comes to this dish. Pictures later!

No comments:

Post a Comment